The Homebuyer’s Program is designed to assist income eligible, financiallyresponsible homebuyers with the purchase of a home and to provide home rehabilitation funds to ensure that the home purchased is safe and economical to live in.
Am I eligible?
- Have a good credit rating / no bankruptcies in the last 3 years
- Ability to obtain a bank mortgage (fixed interest rate and escrow account)
- Have a minimum $1000 for your share of the required 15-20% down payment
- Have lived in Edwards, Gallatin, Hamilton, Saline, Wabash, Wayne or White county for at least 90 days
- House must be vacant at time of sale and cannot displace renters
- Cannot own a home (trailers included) at the time of application
- Home you select must be in fair and repairable condition on no more than 2 acres
- Maximum purchase price is $60,000. No co-signers
- Must complete a homebuyers counseling class provided by WADI
- No mobile or modular homes may be purchased
- Must meet income guidelines: 1 in household must have an annual income of less than $32,150; 2 - $36,750; 3 - $41,350; 4 - $45,900; 5 - $49,600; 6 - $53,250
For more information please call the WADI Housing Specialist at (618) 963-2387 ext 8038
The Housing Rehabilitation Program is designed to help income eligible households live in safe and economical housing. This is a grant based program and funding is usually limited to rotating geographic regions. When funding is available for one of our service areas announcements are made in the local media requesting applications.
The Rental Housing Support Program (RHSP) is a rental subsidy program for individuals whose income does not exceed 30% of the Area Median Income. The rental subsidy stays with the housing unit and does not move with the individual. Waiting lists for the counties of Edwards, Gallatin, Hamilton, Saline, Wabash, Wayne and White are maintained.