ILLINOIS LOW INCOME HOME WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM
Weatherization is a service provided to make your home more energy efficient and hopefully reduce your energy costs. To qualify at WADI you must live in our service area (the counties of Edwards, Gallatin, Hamilton, Saline, Wabash, Wayne and White).
Am I eligible?
- If you were eligible for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) within the last 12 months you are encouraged to apply
- Households receiving SSI, TANF or AABD
- Households where income is at or below the following:
One per household = $21,660 gross annual income
2 = $29,140
3 = $36,620
4 = $44,100
5 = $51,580
6 = $59,060
What Work Might Be Done?
- Sealing cracks with weather-stripping and caulk
- Insulating attics and walls
- Repairing windows and doors
Weatherization services included having an experienced heating contractor examine your heating system. This contractor will make sure the heating system is safe and in good working order. Work on your furnace may include:
- Clean and tune
- In some cases, replacement of your heating system
Wabash Area Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Back to Top